Stuck in traffic or at endless red lights? Cramped in your airplane seat for hours? Whenever you may be sitting long, this simple energy boosting stretch can help you fight fatigue and freeway frustration.
Even when traffic is stop and go, when you get to a full and fresh stoplight you can take control. Refresh yourself by doing a simple spinal twist for an energy boost and to ease back pain.
Simple steps to counter freeway frustration:
- At a fresh red light with your foot still on the brake, sit up away from your seat back slightly and make sure that your neck and shoulders are relaxed.
- Keep your hips facing forward.
- Put your right hand on your right knee or in between the seats.
- Reach across with your left hand to the opposite seat, twisting your upper body as far to the right as is comfortable
- Look over that right shoulder and smile at whoever’s sitting in the back seat.
- To increase the stretch: turn your head to look back towards the front of the car. Check the traffic.
- Slowly unwind and sit for a moment noticing the energy moving through your body. Roll your shoulders a few times and you’re good to go.
- At the next fresh red light, twist to the other side.
It’s better than a cuppa java! Find simple techniques to help yourself, increase productivity and get to your destination feeling great.
More travel stretches: http://www.DrivetimeYoga.com
Copyright July 12, 2010 Elaine Masters, RYT & author of Drivetime Stretches & Flytime Yoga books, CD’s and classes.